Jesus Christ, Only Begotten Son of God (12)
Day: October 12, 2018
VENI DOMINE – Music by Aurelio Porfiri
Liturgical Mass Sheet
ASK THE LITURGIST (15) – The Birth of Christ at midnight
– Enrico Finotti The hour of midnight as the hour of Christ’s birth is also indicated in some mystics. It’s true? Some mystical testimonies, which declare the ‘midnight’ as the hour of the birth of the Savior, cannot be excluded.
BITE-SIZE THEOLOGY (3) – Do I need religion?
Featured Photo: JMO Mandía – Rev José Mario O Mandía Apologetics, as we have seen, strives to use reason in order to find the answer to three major questions: (1) Why should I profess any religion at all? (religious demonstration)…
LEAVE THE GOODS AND YOU’LL HAVE THE GOOD – 14th October 2018 – 28th Sunday In Ordinary Time (B)
WIS 7:7-11; HEB 4:12-13; MK 10:17-30 – Fernando Armellini SCJ Claretian Publications, Macau The gospel presents a just and blameless person seeking for eternal life. Jesus responds with a counter question that can be paraphrased thus: You already have “an…
GREAT FIGURES OF THE MISSIONARY WORK – Bengal and the Kingdom of the Dragon (23)
– Joaquim Magalhães de Castro Dhubri? We are told that it is “a few miles ahead,” but the truth is that there is no way to find it. I will end up locating Dhubri (possibly homonym of the desired one)…
APOLOGIA (28) – Was Jesus the Messiah?
– Anastasios Objection 1: How we can be sure that the Bible is talking about Jesus when it makes prophecies in the Old Testament? Objection 2: The Jews, those who were waiting for the Messiah, did not recognize him as…
SAINT FRANCIS ASSISI AND THE SAN DAMIANO CROSS – Art as an instrument of God
– Miguel Augusto (*) On October 4th, the Catholic Church celebrates one of Her greatest saints, Saint Francis of Assisi, founder of the Order of Friars Minor (OFM), approved by Pope Innocent III in the year 1209. We take the…
ST ISIDORE OF SEVILLE – Patron Saint of the Internet
– Fr Leonard E Dollentas It is in our Catholic tradition to have our patron saints. This tradition extends to the practice of naming places after saints and assigning protector saints to certain careers, or events. In the United States,…
THOUGHTS OF A NEWLY ORDAINED PRIEST – I will try to say ‘Yes’ to God just like the first time
– Fr James Chang Woo Ho BCM As you know well I was ordained to a priest a few days ago. Today I’d like to talk about how I became a priest and what I feel like today.